What we offer
Championing Growing Businesses
BGF is an investment firm that provides growth capital for ambitious entrepreneurs running growing UK companies.
Successful companies are created by successful people – talented, hard-working, creative, ambitious and dynamic entrepreneurs. Business men and women who have a real understanding of what their customers need, offering fantastic products and services.
Our job is to support talented management teams and business leaders achieve their full potential by offering three magic ingredients for success:
- Substantial capital;
- Superb contacts; and
- Sound counsel.
BGF is already the most active growth capital investor for smaller and mid-sized UK companies. With seven offices across the country we have a strong network of contacts locally, regionally and UK-wide. Companies that are part of the BGF family benefit from our cash, our expertise and our networks.
BGF is also a long-term and patient investor. We are well placed to support companies financially, operationally, and strategically. We can help you develop a growth strategy that is organic, achieved via acquisition, or both.
Unlocking opportunities for your business
- We believe that other financial backers feel more confident and more willing to back businesses that have already met BGF’s investment criteria and due diligence. Securing investment and partnership from a high profile institution like BGF could unlock new sources of finance for our investee companies.
- Securing investment and partnership from BGF can also help with customers, suppliers, employees and other stakeholders.
- In addition to having excellent relationships with its five shareholding banks, BGF is forging strong links with other investors and investment bodies across the UK, including venture capital trusts and private equity firms. We are also keen to form strategic partnerships with angel investors offering sector-specific knowledge and experience. We will work with organisations like the British Business Angels Association to look for mutually beneficial opportunities.
Our investment focus
- We are interested in sectors of the economy that have long-term and significant potential for growth. We are particularly interested in high-tech manufacturing, software and electronics, leisure and tourism, retail, renewable energy and cleantech, healthcare and life sciences, industrial and business services, outsourcing, and digital businesses.
- However, we will also support businesses with strong credentials in other sectors. Each company will be judged on its individual merits, not by sector. For us, long-term potential is the key.