Richard joined BGF in July 2012 and is based in Leeds. His main role is to identify and successfully execute investments for the fund. He also sits on the board of a number of our portfolio companies.
Richard has 16 years’ experience in small company investing with previous roles at YFM, Octopus Private Equity and Sovereign Capital. He began his career at Deloitte where he qualified as a Chartered Accountant following three years at York University where he studied Economics and Economic History.
He is married with three children and lives in Leeds. At weekends Richard runs a free taxi service for his children around which he fits in time to play, watch and coach the beautiful game that is football.
Latest investments/Board positions:
- Total Recycling Services (Board Observer)
- Altec Engineering
- Cussins (Board Director)
- J&B Recycling (Board Director)
- Springfield Healthcare Group (Board Director)
- York Mailing (Board Director)
- Xercise4Less (Board Director)
- VTL Group
- Ultra Finishing (Board Director)