- £2-10 million of growth capital for minority equity stakes (10%-40%) in established UK companies that can demonstrate a strong growth trajectory, and typically with a turnover of £5-£100 million
- Flexible investment structures tailored to each individual business
- A long term view… we invest off our own balance sheet, so the duration of the investment can be aligned with management goals
- We take a Board seat, and contribute business guidance as well as capital for growth
- Will consider investment opportunities and businesses in all sectors apart from financial services and real estate
BGF sources deals both on a proprietary basis as well as via intermediaries. We are happy to speak to companies or their advisers, and we have enough capital and resources at hand to move very quickly for the right opportunities.
We have a one nationwide team approach to deal process with an internal Investment Committee involved in each deal from the outset. We strive to give early feedback with suggestions on alternative options, particularly if we don’t feel that we are able to say yes ourselves.
When we are able to invest it usually takes 3-4 months from the initial conversation, and this typically means 4-6 weeks from the point at which we agree terms. Targeted due diligence is conducted in a cost-effective and timely manner. The “investment readiness” of a company can make a big difference to this, and the more prepared you are before beginning the process the quicker and easier it will be.